Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reading, Signing, Drooling

I'm taking an English class this semester called The Contemporary Novel--taught by authoress Holly Goddard Jones--and tonight for said class, we were required to attend a reading by author Joshua Ferris. He read for about an hour from his newest book, The Unnamed. I don't think I moved in my chair the whole time. Not only is this man a captivating reader, he is also funny and looks like a J.Crew model.

We're going to be covering his first novel, Then We Came To The End, later in the semester. I got him to sign my copy of the book, and now I am most certainly excited to be reading it.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I just happened upon your blog...I don't even know how but I enjoyed reading it. I agree with everything you wrote...I even drooled. :) The book is going on my TBR list and may be recommended to my book club. Maybe we could have the author visit!

Kaseynicole said...

Thank you for your comment, Betty. I hope you and your book club enjoy Mr. Ferris as much as I did!