Thursday, March 10, 2011

5 min in 4 hrs

I just love my Aunt Donna. 

Last week I was sick in bed for four days. This week Aunt Donna was sick with, we assume, the same virus/flu/touch of death that afflicted me. So today, to cheer her up, I went to her house. I got a cup of coffee, she got a cup of tea, and we sat on their gigantic couch together with the intent of watching Downton Abbey. The movie started, and literally five minutes into it, we paused it so I could go to the bathroom.

Four hours later the movie was still paused at the same spot. We had talked from 2:00 to 6:00, all the while staring at the TV screen that had a lady's dressing maid on it. She had terrible hair too. It looked like some sort of animal had died on top of her head. As much as I love movies, I think I'd take a good conversation over them any day--especially if the person I was talking to was Aunt Donna.

No comments: