Friday, January 8, 2010

Whisper Words of Wisdom


Today I hung out with my Aunt Donna, like we've been doing once a week since winter break started. One of my friends described her as being "like a cup of chai tea," and I think she was right. Aunt Donna is warm, sweet, and comforting, but she has a spicy side too. Today we were in the kitchen waiting for dinner to cook, and she started looking up old music from the '70s that she loved -- particularly a band called Bread. That segued into other types of music that we both enjoy, and we realized that we share a mutual appreciation for black choirs. I love the richness of their harmony and the passion that emanates from the words they sing. The emotion is beautiful. One of my favorites is the song "Let It Be" from the movie Across the Universe.

No comments: