Sunday, August 8, 2010

I had nearly forgotten that I even had this blog.

I am thoroughly persuaded that I was born in the wrong time period. 

Usually I tell people that I should have grown up in the 1960s, or that I would have been perfect for the 1920s. However, I am more and more convinced that I would have loved living during the Napoleonic or the Georgian eras. I've watched a lot of movies set in those time periods ever since I was a little girl, and I'm so in love with nearly every one of them -- especially the Jane Austen ones.

Last week I went to Hyco lake with Aunt Donna (she and Uncle Bob own a house there). We made dinner together, then sat on the dock and watched the sunset while sipping wine out of long-stemmed glasses. It was so beautiful to see the sky turn different colors as the sun sank slowly behind the trees and out of sight. I don't think I could ever tire of watching the water ripple, or of hearing it gently touch the shore.

No comments: