Thursday, August 19, 2010

There are 2 things of note:

The first of these two things happened at the Yogurt Pump yesterday. Hannah had stayed in the car, so we wouldn't get towed, and I went in to get us both some frozen yogurt. On my way out, I crossed paths with two black men (they were very "ghetto" in the way they dressed). As I walked past the larger of the two men, he called out, "Hey girl, I wanna take you back to the crib wit me." Being the shy and prim white girl that I am, I just ignored him and speed-walked back to the car. However, I wish I had responded with something like, "Excuse me sir, but you cannot afford me."

The second thing of note I'd like to mention, happened today while I was making pancakes (blueberry, of course). My 7-year-old sister, Lacey, and my stepmother were sitting at the kitchen table working on Lacey's spelling assignment. Alice would say the sentence out loud, and Lacey was supposed to write it down on the dry-erase board. Alice said the sentence "The pigpen is swept." Lacey started out well with "The pig," but then crammed the next two words together. Unwittingly, she had written "The pig penis swept." I could not stop laughing, and Alice gave me strict instructions "not to write anything about this." Oh well.

2 comments:

My Walkabout said...

this post made my day!

Hannah said...

kasey i am dead hahahhahahhaha