Monday, December 7, 2009

Poly--graph



Some of the most interesting conversations happen in coffee shops. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I have coffee at Tate St. Coffee with my friends Lauren, Missy, and [sometimes] Caroline. Today the main topic of our discussion was polyamorous relationships (having full-on relationships with multiple people at one time). I've included the diagram Lauren drew to illustrate the particular people she was talking about. Let me explain: person M is dating person C, and they live together (person M is the only male in this instance). Person C is also dating person L (who happens to be my T.A. in one of the classes I'm taking this semester). Person L is dating persons C and A but NOT person M. Person A is dating persons L and "?". And finally, person "?" is dating persons A and "??". To add a twist, person "??" does not know that "?" is dating A. It's very confusing, and I wouldn't be surprised if these types of relationships are prone to STD's.

No comments: