Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Monster

Every child's winter fantasy came true yesterday. . . IT SNOWED. Exciting, yes? Snow is so sparkly and soft, and it makes that great crunchy/squeaky sound when you step on it. But yesterday, its timing was just terrible.


I thought I'd make an attempt at being healthy (since I'm on winter break from school, and I have no excuse not to), so I went running. One mile into it, I got caught in the blizzard. Then I had to trek through the blinding whiteness all the way back to my house, a mile away, against the way the snow was blowing. Also, I was wearing glasses, so I had to keep wiping the wet off them so I wouldn't run into an unsuspecting mailbox, tree, or perhaps car. When I finally got back to the house, I had to resuscitate my poor ipod, who's not used to the frigid winter climate of North Carolina. Then I had to save my nose,  because I couldn't feel it. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be exercising outside anytime soon. Or ever. . .

No comments: