Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm loopy when I'm tired

I like the Beatles a lot, but I think they were wrong on one point. I would not like to be "in an Octopus's garden in the shade." Of course, that song was written by my least favorite Beatle, Ringo Starr. Nevertheless, I'd rather be "sitting in an English garden waiting for the sun." Thank you, Mr. Lennon.

My tutoring session got canceled this morning because my Italian tutor went to the spa instead. Last night he called me and asked if we could meet earlier than usual. . .at the unsightly hour of 8:45 a.m. I acquiesced but warned him that I would probably be grumpy and in need of some coffee. WELL, this morning he calls me at 7:45ish and cancels tutoring because he had to be at the spa earlier than he thought. So now I've been sitting here, awake and ready to go, for the past hour. My first class isn't for another hour and a half. Also, Amy's alarm clock has been beeping for 30 minutes straight. I think if I had a marching band play outside her door, she still wouldn't wake up.

No comments: