Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trojan Man

After 4 years of owning my trusty yet incredibly hideous Lenovo laptop, it got its first virus yesterday. 197 viruses, to be exact. I had been searching for a link to watch the latest episode of The Pacific, when I got a notification saying "File corrupted: would you like to activate your antivirus program?" (or something like that). Well, I didn't want a virus, so I clicked "ok." Stupid me didn't realize that that was the virus. Thankfully, the ITS (Information Technology Services) guys on staff at UNCG were able to fix it in under an hour, and my ugly computer is up and running again.

Tonight Amy, Missy, and I went to this new frozen yogurt bar in Greensboro called Feeney's. It works like a do-it-yourself assembly line. You get a Styrofoam cup at the beginning of the line, pick your favorite type of frozen yogurt, and put it in the cup yourself. There are at least 30 different choices of toppings to put on top, and when you've piled as many toppings on as desired, you take your dessert to the register. The register person weighs your yogurt cup, and you're charged $0.43 per ounce. It's a neat idea, and tastes delicious.

No comments: