Sunday, July 18, 2010

s'il vous plaît

Wow, I've been very remiss about blogging (again), but this turned out to be a rather busy week.

Sunday I went to Brixx (for the first time) to watch the World Cup with Pete. It's sad that the Netherlands lost, since Pete and I both have Dutch last names -- Van Nostrand and Van Dalen -- and we were rooting for them. 

Monday I had to go to campus to get my computer fixed. Thankfully it didn't have a virus (as I originally thought), but only a corrupt file that needed to be removed. Now it's fine. After that, I got coffee and hung out with Alyson for a while before going to work.

Tuesday and Thursday I babysat 4 kids for 8 hours. That would be tiring for any normal person, but for me it was especially exhausting. I can't stand kids. There were 3 boys (15, 12, 10) and one girl (8). I spent the whole first day chasing them around, taking Airsoft guns away and begging them to get off the roof (by way of a ladder, rather than jumping--supposedly into the pool). Thursday was much better though, and I think they want me to come back. I confess, they grew on me, and I hope I get to see them again (don't tell my Dad or Pastor Stu).

Friday I worked, read a lot, and cleaned the house.

Today I hung out with Alyson at her new apartment, and for the next two weeks I'll be dog-sitting for an FBI agent (whaaaaat).

No comments: