Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Just a Little Catching Up

Oh yes! July is here! 
Ok, I'm really not that excited about July, but it's a new month, and that is always a thing to celebrate, I think.

Last week I submitted my first non-school-related short story to an online contest. I didn't win. However, here's the link if you'd like to read it and tell me how great it is, and that I should've won. (just kidding)

I'm in the process of reading the book My Antonia by Willa Cather with my Aunt Donna. I came across this great quote in it:
"I was something that lay under the sun and felt it, like the pumpkins, and I did not want to be anything more. I was entirely happy. Perhaps we feel like that when we die and become a part of something entire, whether it is sun and air, or goodness and knowledge. At any rate, that is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep."
Also, I brushed my teeth with baking soda tonight because I heard it's better for you than toothpaste. Well, it tastes BAD. 

"Heavy In Your Arms" by Florence and the Machine

2 comments:

Hannah said...

hehe it should have one and baking soda taste great

Hannah said...

UGH I MEANT WON***********************