Friday, October 23, 2009

Peace and Carrots



Tomorrow morning, my family will be leaving for a week-long vacation in New York while my eldest younger brother, Tyler, and I are remaining here. Tyler will stay with our grandmother, and I will be by my lonesome at home. Ahhh perfection. I think I'll spend my Friday night relaxing in the peace and quiet of our home, since my 6 and 4 year old sister and brother usually make tranquility impossible. A bubble bath, junk food, and the movie Anne of Green Gables will probably be involved in my girl's night in. 
I recently renewed my affection for said movie and have been watching it in increments while ironing and folding laundry, etc... for the past three weeks. I forgot how ridiculously melodramatic yet strangely endearing Anne Shirley is, and I think I rewound the movie three times at the part where Gilbert calls Anne "Carrots" (because of her red hair), and she breaks her slate over his head. Soooooo funny! It's a must-see. . .or perhaps, a must-re-see.


No comments: