Sunday, May 16, 2010

applause of thunder. . . .tantrum of me

I LOVE thunderstorms (a lot), and last night there was a great one. I fell asleep to the soothing sounds of clapping thunder and pelting rain. Thus, it was unexpected when I woke up at 3:00 this morning completely disoriented.

I was drenched in sweat and there were no lights in my room--no alarm clock, no computer, and my cell phone wasn't charging as it should have been. It was almost hard to believe that my eyes were open, because I couldn't see a thing in the darkness.

The thunderstorm that I had previously applauded, knocked out the power in my house. By default, it also knocked out the central air-conditioning. I was miserable for the next hour and a half, until I finally fell back to sleep. Thankfully, the power was back on later this morning.

(And what a boring end to this blog post that was!)

No comments: