Sunday, May 9, 2010

Flower Child

I went to ULTA this week with Missy because I wanted to buy a curling iron. Why, you ask? (Since I already have curly hair. . .) Well, Amy's wedding is in 2 weeks, and I have to fix my hair myself (1. this wedding has already pushed my budget to the limit so I can't get a professional to do it, and 2. I'm very particular about my hair, so a non-professional is out of the question). I'm not exactly the dressing-up type, so styled curls seemed like the easiest way to go. I like the loose curls, pulled to the side, fly-away type of look, and a flower in the hair seemed like a nice addition. While in ULTA, I saw a gorgeous one that looked like this, and I LOVED it, but it cost $12.00. That is ridiculous. Missy thought so too and made the offhand comment that I should just make my own because it'd be cheaper. I hadn't even considered that, but the idea sparked my interest, and I decided to give it a try.

I went to Michael's the next day, bought a package of alligator clips, a few silk flowers, and some superglue. In all, I spent $7.49 (in comparison to $12.00), and I got four different hair pieces out of it. Plus, you can't even tell they're homemade. Ah, sweet victory!

"Flowering Spade" by Sean Hayes

No comments: