Monday, May 24, 2010

"Who would you rather be, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones?"

I can feel it in my bones, there's going to be a change coming in you soon. You've fought so hard against it for so long, but you've grown old and tired in your young age. Your stubborn will is wavering and may well be vanishing with the breeze that brushed against my cheek this evening. I felt it reach right through my bones with its touch as soft as silk. 

How is it that the universe is infinite, but you and I are dust and shadows -- pawns in time's cruel game? Yes, you're giving up, like the star whose light we see but whose source is no longer there. It takes so long for the star's light to reach us, that when we see it, the star itself is gone and another has taken its place.

You are that star. I can still see your light, but you're no longer there, and soon another will take your place. I can feel it in my bones.

"Gimme Sympathy" by Metric

1 comment:

Hannah said...

this is beautiful and sad! tell me moreee