Sunday, May 23, 2010

weddings hurt my feet

My best friend (practically since birth) got married yesterday.
My dad and Amy's mom grew up together in a little town called Ovid in upstate New York. My mom and Amy's dad grew up together here in North Carolina. My dad and Amy's mom dated in high school, as did my mom and her dad. 

It's so strange how these four people who grew up in such different places would date each other, then later marry whom they did. It's weirder still that Amy and I would be born a year apart and grow up to be best friends. (Sorry, I realize this may be a little confusing, so I've made a diagram. Hopefully, it will make things a little clearer.)
All of this to say -- my best friend got married, and I was the Maid of Honor in her wedding. It seems like yesterday we were playing dress-up and fighting over whose American girl doll was better. I don't feel mature enough for all of this to be happening -- Amy starting a family and me in my last year of college. Where did the time go. . . and when will it slow down?

"Dream a Little Dream of Me" by the Mama's and the Papa's 

No comments: