Saturday, June 19, 2010

"You are a Messy Messy Mess." ~Hannah's Mom

I'm in the process of watching my boss's dog, Molly, for her while she's on vacation. Molly is a greyhound, and her color pattern is brindle, so she's really quite ugly. However, she is still a dog, and I love dogs, so don't think she's lacking any affection. Plus, she's very sweet. And soft.

My boss is a 30[ish] year old woman who stands about 4'11" and is one of the most anal micro-managers I've ever met (excluding my stepmother). At work she critiques everything everyone does, and nothing is ever good enough for her. She has a raging temper, but sometimes she can be overly nice. For instance, I had to work on my birthday last year, so she brought me a cake, ice cream, and a present to work. How many bosses do that, I wonder?

Anyways, I'm staying at her house while she's away (because she didn't want Mo to get lonely at night), and it's REALLY messy. This surprised me because she's so OCD about everything at work. When Pete came over last night to watch a movie, he took one step in the door and said, "What a shithole." Too harsh?

I'm just ready to sleep in my own bed again and to feel safe without the lights on at night.

No comments: