Friday, February 5, 2010

Avoidance

I realized today, that in an attempt to avoid writing my weekly newspaper article for The Carolinian, I write on my blog. Or, more likely, I rewrite the "about me" section. I may change one word in it or the whole thing, but I haven't made peace with what it says yet, even after having this thing for almost 5 months. I guess it just proves that a written work is never finished. For instance: Walt Whitman rewrote "Song of Myself" many times over the span of 15 years, and there are at least 3 different printed editions of it.

This week, I'm writing my newspaper article on TOMS shoes. I own 2 pairs and am getting another one as soon as the spring collection comes out. Their mission is "One for One." For every pair of TOMS purchased, the company gives 1 pair to a needy child, somewhere in the world, who has none. It's a great mission, but I always have trouble getting started on whatever I'm writing about.

"Strange and Beautiful" by Aqualung

No comments: