Wednesday, February 3, 2010

FML (who came up with that massively cliched expression?)

UNCG is back on my bad side. . .kinda. This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn (to me, that's anything before noon, but in this case it was 6:30 a.m.), got ready, and drove 45 minutes to campus. Then I spent 20 minutes on the lovely Park&Ride bus, and another 15 risking my life trekking through the leftover snow and ice to class (apparently to save man power and salt, we don't shovel the sidewalks at UNCG). I got to class and sat there for 18 minutes waiting for people to show up, listening to the guy beside me try to map out the directions to his house (in case I wanted to come visit? no thank you, sir). Then. The girl beside me (who was practicing her thumb-eye coordination on her iphone) turned to the class and said "Class is canceled, I just got the e-mail."  WHAT!? It was 10:00, and I didn't have another class until 1 p.m. I could've slept in approximately 5 more hours. That's like a whole extra night of sleep that I missed because our professor couldn't make up his mind about the treacherous roads until we were all, except for him, already in the classroom. FML.

Okay, I usually hate it when people use the expression "FML." It's what the sorority sisters on campus say. All. The. Time. It's used far too often, and for situations they could've avoided if they hadn't gotten really super trashed the night before. All the same, it seems appropriate for my situation. Judge me all you want. You're allowed.

Cool news: my article for the paper this week was on the front page of it's section. I think I may frame it. . . or not.

No comments: