Thursday, February 25, 2010

No rest for the weary. Just Coffee.

This week has been crazy.
I had 4 midterms and a paper, all before Wednesday, which means I studied all weekend and got absolutely NO sleep whatsoever. I even had to do homework during church. Granted, I read History before the service started (does that really count as church?), and I read for my Literary Study of the Bible class during the service (at least I was reading the Bible, right?).
On Tuesday I spent 10 hours straight (no lie: 3 p.m. to 1 a.m.) on Missy and Amy's couch studying, writing a paper, and drowning my sorrows with Woodchucks.

Before my time spent on the couch Tuesday, I went to Bruegger's Bagels in the shopping center near campus to get a raisin bagel with cream cheese. The male employees at said location are overly friendly. VERY overly friendly. They always joke around with me and tell me I have "pretty eyes" and other such bullshit. Tuesday, I was in no mood to tolerate this nonsense. I was stressed the hell out and sleep-deprived to the point of collapse. 

I walked in to the store, and they had no raisin bagels. At a loss, I decided to settle for the honey grain kind since that bin was completely full. I told the guy at the counter this, and he said, "We don't have any honey grain. There should be a new batch in 15 minutes or so." Well, I thought he was joking with me, so I replied with my best bitchy, don't-mess-with-me voice, "Very funny. I can see them." He looked at me, confused, for a second, then said, "Oh, those are french toast." I felt terrible. I was an ass to him, and he was just trying to do his job, poor guy. I guess I won't be going to Bruegger's again for a while.

No comments: