Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Amenity

Everyone could use some "me" time once in a while. 

In an attempt to avoid my parents dragging me to Prayer Meeting at church tonight, I did not go home until after 7:30. As a result, I had to find something to amuse myself with for 4 hours. All of my friends were stuck in class until after I was done for the day, so I was forced to settle with my own company.

The first 2 hours of my isolation were spent in a secluded corner of the Arboretum, sprawled on a well-worn bench and engrossed in a book. It was The Morgesons by Elizabeth Stoddard which we're reading for my American Romanticism class. The weather was perfect, as it has been for the past 2 weeks, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

For dinner, I went back to Missy and Amy's apartment and ate a bowl of cheerios (my new favorite food), then had to coax my car back to life (after 4 unsuccessful tries to get it started) before driving to Barnes & Noble. There, I spent the next 2 hours of my time. I had a pleasant chat with the barista on duty in the cafe (he remembered me from Sunday), then took my mocha latte to a cozy armchair in yet another secluded corner, and finished my book.  
All in all, it was the most relaxing day I've had in a while.

"The Violet Hour" by Sea Wolf

4 comments:

Hannah said...

LOVE ALONE TIME, LOVE IT!

Kaseynicole said...

LOVE YOU AND ME TIME TOO!

Hannah said...

ME THREE WE SHOULD MAKE IT HAPPEN AGAIN. IM NEVER BUSY ANYMORE SINCE I DONT CARE ABOUT SCHOOL LOL

Kaseynicole said...

ugh me neither haha