Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Club foot : one foot better at dancing than the other one

In the quest for bathroom graffiti (for my next newspaper article), my travels took me to UNCG's campus. Yes, I'm there all the time, but it's Spring Break, so I made a special trip with my dear friend, Hannah (the palindrome). We also went to the Greenbean, a coffee shop on Elm St. (which is near campus). 

At the Greenbean, the bathroom walls are made of slate. Free chalk is provided so people can write anything they want to on the walls, which is really cool.
This took a while, but at UNCG, Hannah and I went through all the older buildings, and looked in all the first floor bathrooms. Several previously unknown bathrooms were discovered in the process. I especially loved the spelling errors, on a college campus.
But my favorite bathroom graffiti of them all was in the Cury building. In each stall beside the toilet, there were numerous scuff-marks on the walls. Above one of them, someone put this:
Had loved it.

No comments: