Friday, March 26, 2010

wanna hear about my good day?

Another fabulous day in my world. I got to see Lauren Z. for the first time all semester, which was lovely and way overdue. We got coffee, and I wrote half of my article (I don't usually write it until an hour before it's due). Then after I was done with classes for the day, I went to Southpoint with Katherine and got more coffee and some jelly beans. I've missed hanging out with her too. She's so damn sweet, and always puts me in a good mood. Now I'm getting ready to go hang out at Pete's house with some friends. We're going to watch a movie or something. I guess it's like the calm before the storm, because next week I have this crazy presentation and a ridiculous exam on the same day.

It's raining outside right now. I love the sound. It's so calming and makes me want to fall asleep, or perhaps get cozy in my pajamas and read a good book or watch a movie.

Tonight while my dad was praying over dinner, I had the impulse to say "ahhhhmen" in a hymn-singing voice when he was done instead of the solemn and standard "amen" that people usually say at the end of a prayer. Why don't people sing their prayers instead of just say them? Like a Gregorian chant or something.

No comments: