Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ode to a Sneeze

Two weeks ago, my article for The Carolinian was called "The Ecstasy of Sneezing." Who doesn't want to read an article with that title? Well, apparently my dad thought the same thing. I purposefully didn't show him the article because I knew he would disapprove of the second paragraph (straight-laced as he is), and I was right. He e-mailed me, copy-and-pasting said paragraph, and added a little note of his own, saying that I should ask the paper to remove the article from their website. 

I did not. . . 

They didn't even publish the whole article (which was published in the actual paper) on the internet, such as the amazing "random sneezy facts."
  1. Sneezes travel at about 100 mph.
  2. Resulting droplets expelled can travel from 5-12 feet from the person sneezing.
  3. It's impossible to sneeze while sleeping because the sneezing nerves sleep when you do.
  4. The iguana sneezes more than any other animal.
  5. The longest bout of sneezing recorded is attributed to Donna Griffiths who sneezed once a minute for 978 days straight.
"You'll Find A Way" (Switch and Graeme Sinden remix) by Santigold

No comments: