Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Disclaimer: Fashion Post

haha Funniest quote I've heard all day: "I've shagged before, but this class should be a good forum to learn some new moves." (He's speaking of a dance class, btw)

I had a bit of a fashion emergency today. . .
In my 2:00 communications class, I had to give a presentation, and the professor said we had to dress up. When I left the house this morning, I was wearing gray dress slacks, black pumps, and a nice top. However, by the end of my 10:00 class, I knew I had to change clothes. 1) my pants were too big and kept falling down, and 2) my poor feet were protesting against the shoes I had put them in.

Since I live 30 minutes from campus and had decided to stay in Greensboro tonight, going home to change clothes was out of the question. So, I went into a panic-shopping mode and terrorized Old Navy for an hour and a half, trying on different pants and dresses. Let me say that I never wear dresses, but this time, I made an exception. It's this dress but in navy blue. With it, I wore my gold cardigan, green canvas TOMS, and a brown leather belt. All in all, I looked like I had just stepped out of a WWII movie.

I'm really not that obsessed with clothing, but I felt so pleased with my shopping outcome today, that I had to write a post about it.

No comments: